Looking after children comes with its own set of responsibilities, but if you love their energy, enthusiasm and aptitude for learning, then being a professional nanny or childcare provider could be the ideal career for you.
Not only can a childcare course prepare you for working in a private family home, but you could learn more about child psychology, protecting young people at risk and ensuring their health and safety while in your care. It can also provide you with opportunities to develop your career in other childcare sectors, including education or counselling.
Explore our course breakdown below or enroll now to get started.
- Course OutlineWhen you enroll in our childcare courses online, you will complete the following units of study:1Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at Risk
- What is child abuse?
- Protecting the child
- Report indications of the possible risk of harm
- Apply ethical and nurturing practices in working with children
- Maintain a clean and hygienic environment
- Recognise and respond to signs of potential illness
- Provide a safe environment
- Supervise the safety of children
- Travel with children safely
- Administer medication within guidelines
- Manage and respond to allergy / anaphylaxis
- Provide physical care
- Create opportunities for children to develop their understanding of physical needs
- Establish an environment that encourages children to complete tasks themselves
- Respond to the emotional needs of children
- Childhood nutrition
- Encouraging healthy eating
- Planning nutritious menus
- Safe food handling
- Support the physical development of children
- Support the social development of children
- Support the emotional and psychological development of children of the same age
- Support the language, creative & cognitive development of children
- Communicate positively with children on an ongoing basis
- Promote positive behaviour
- Collaborate with children about their interests
- Support children in learning about the decision-making process
- Children’s play and leisure
- Developmentally appropriate play activities
- Facilitate children’s play and leisure
- Gather information about the child through observation
- Gather information about the child from secondary sources
- Record observation of interests and needs appropriately
- Use observations and information gathered to understand the child and contribute to program planning
- How Will You Benefit?
There are many benefits associated with studying our online nanny courses. For example, you will:
- Have the chance to begin your career as a professional nanny within a few months
- Study an industry-recognised course that was designed by senior professionals who work in the childcare sector
- Make the most of online learning, without the need to spend time or money travelling to classes
- Complete the course at your own pace in your own time
- Work alongside a personal tutor who will answer your questions and help you through the course
- Get a 10% discount off the total course fee when you pay upfront. Alternatively, you can spread the cost with weekly interest-free payments
- Career Prospects
Being a professional nanny and looking after other people’s children can be a particularly rewarding job, especially if you love working with kids. Skills and personality traits that are important should you wish to work successfully as a nanny and childcare provider include:
- A love of children
- Patience and a calm attitude
- Excellent organization and communication
- The ability to discipline children when necessary
- An understanding of how children think and behave
- Flexibility and openness to change
- The ability to work on your own and unsupervised
- Willingness to accept responsibility
- Driving the children to and from school or extra-curricular activities
- Feeding them throughout the day and preparing healthy snacks or foods
- Playing with them and keeping them occupied
- Planning creative play and activities that will be fun as well as educational
- Taking them on days out or to social events
- Keeping their room and their belongings neat and tidy
- Supervising them at all times
- Ensuring they’re safe from risks and hazards in the home (sharp cutlery, cleaning solutions, etc).
- Teaching them basic life skills, such as baking or good hygiene
- Course Levels ExplainedDiplomaThis course will result in an Diploma. This kind of qualification recognizes the graduate’s capacity for initiative and judgement across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organizing others in the workplace.
- PrerequisitesThere are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into our childcare course.So what are you waiting for? If you want to start your new career as a professional nanny, enroll in our online learning programme today to get started.
- Course LengthOur students complete this online nanny course in an average of 24 weeks.The benefit of an online course is that you can complete it in your own time. This time period, therefore, is just an average and the course may take you longer than this if you have other work or family commitments to consider. This is absolutely fine – in fact, you have up to three years to complete the childcare course, so you don’t need to rush through the programme. Alternatively, you could fast track your learning and graduate within a few months. The choice is yours.
- Study Mode: Online LearningYou can become a professional nanny without having to physically attend your classes. This ICI course can be completed via distance learning (also known as correspondence learning), which means the class is 100% online. Dive into aspects of the course in your free time without having to spend time or money travelling. This gives you the freedom to study whenever and wherever you wish, anywhere in the world. You will always have your personal tutor on hand to provide advice and answer questions.Our online childcare course has been designed to be highly practical and engaging, making completing the lessons and assignments a rewarding experience.
- Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC).
ICI is also a member of the International Nanny Association (INA). The INA is a not-for-profit organization that was initially established in 1985 and is the global industry body for nannies across the world. The first INA conference included agency owners, nannies and nanny educators from the UK, Australia, the US, Canada and more. Today, it remains an association that is committed to educating new nanny professionals and supporting childcare providers.Our online childcare course takes both a theoretical and practical approach to ensure you get the most out of your learning experience. It was written in conjunction with industry professionals to help fast track you into your nannying career.
- Already in the Profession or Industry?Perhaps you already have some childcare training or are currently working as a nanny. If this is the case, our programme could still be relevant for you. You could take the course to update your existing knowledge and skills or to learn something new about your job role.As long as the course is sufficiently connected to your work activities, you can claim back the course fees as a tax deduction.
- What Do I Get?All the materials you need to complete our online childcare course are included in the course fee. Once you enroll, you will receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- A tutor who will answer all of your course and career questions and provide guidance
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications
- Transcripts indicating the units completed
- A letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification (for example: John Smith, DipPN)
- Job search assistance: discover more about our Graduate Career Services Programme
- Cut Off DateFriday, 3rd November 2023 is the next enrollment cut off date. Places are limited, in demand and entry into the course is on a first come first served basis.Your enrollment is processed and acknowledged within 24 hours of the Institute receiving your application. You can expect to receive your course within days of enrolling. When you start your ICI course it’s at your own pace and you determine when you finish.Don’t miss out. Enroll today!
Course Investment & Payment Plans
One off payment
Weekly Instalment Plan
$39 x 31 weeks
How do I get started?
Click on one of the Enroll Now buttons above and you could be working on your first lesson – and towards a new career – in a matter of days!